Spring is finally here! Many people welcome springtime with open arms. Unfortunately, that includes pests. This time of year is when pests start to peak in activity once more. To prevent the many types of pests that will likely look to invade your Virginia home, it’s important to implement some pest prevention measures into your spring cleaning! Keep reading for tips on common spring pest problems from the experts at Ehrlich Pest Control, formerly Connor’s.
5 Cleaning Tips to Prevent Springtime Pests
Pests in spring are aggressive, but you don’t have to suffer from an infestation! There are several spring cleaning tips to lessen the risk of getting pests this time of year:
- Tidy up! Clean under furniture, wipe down surfaces, and inspect areas of your home that need some fixing up.
- Clean your windows and doors thoroughly. If you find any cracks or crevices make sure to securely seal them.
- Deep-clean your carpets and rugs. Vacuum, shampoo, or even steam cleaning works well.
- Sanitize and clean your kitchen with a focus on your appliances. Crumbs and spilled liquids welcome all types of insects and pests.
- Remove debris from your yard, and trim any shrubs or tree branches away from your home. Clear out your gutters and downspouts.
Pests to Look Out for This Spring
You know how to prevent them, but what exactly are the pests you need to worry about this time of year? Unfortunately, the list is rather long. There are five pests in particular that create trouble for property owners every spring: ants, stinging insects (wasps and hornets), stink bugs, termites, and rodents! Spring is simply the start of the pest season and can last well into the summer if pest control isn’t implemented right away. If you notice the signs of any of these pests, it’s important to act fast to prevent a full-blown infestation.
The Importance of Spring Pest Control
The time to protect your home from the onslaught of pests is now. By implementing preventative pest control into your spring cleaning, you can help reduce the risk of pest problems in the spring, winter, and fall. If you already have pests in your home, it’s time to call the experts at Ehrlich. Our exterminators will work with you to develop a pest control plan to keep you safe during each season.