Few pest problems are as common as ant infestations. Ant colonies are notoriously difficult to eliminate without the help of trained ant exterminators. The Northern Virginia region is home to odorous house ants, carpenter ants, that can cause significant structural damage to your home or business, and occasionally fire ants. At Connor’s, we are experienced ant removal specialists, and can help you identify and eradicate ants in your home or business.
How to get rid of fire ants
Ant prevention tips
When it's time to call an ant exterminator
Fix your ant problem today
Need a Ant Exterminators, Control & Removal estimate?
We'll call you! Leave your information below.
Common Ants in Virginia
The following ant species are found living in the Northeast:
- Carpenter Ants prefer to nest and excavate water-damaged wood.
- Fire Ants can sting in unison and their venom can cause anaphylactic shock.
- Little Black Ants will nest in wall voids and cabinets inside homes.
- Odorous House Ants emit a rotten coconut smell and infest kitchens and pantries.
- Pavement Ants nest under flat stones, sidewalks, and concrete slabs outdoors.
- Pharaoh Ants will nest indoors, especially in commercial buildings with artificial heating.
Preventing ant infestations
Preventing ants from finding food, shelter, and water is the easiest method of avoiding an ant invasion. Because ants are so difficult to get rid of once you have an infestation, the best method of ant control is preventative measures! A few actions you can take to lessen the risk of ants invading your home include:
- Eliminating their source of water by fixing leaky pipes and keeping moisture levels normal.
- Limiting their access to food by cleaning up spills, keeping food properly stored, and using lids on trash cans.
- Blocking their entry points by ensuring your home is properly sealed and all cracks are filled.
- Controlling ant populations outside your home by inspecting your property for signs of activity or large nests
Getting rid of ants with professional ant exterminators
Bottom line: Ant extermination can be very difficult on your own. There are often multiple colonies in serious infestations, which can make eliminating these pests seem impossible without the proper training and tools. Whether carpenter ants are invading your crawlspace or odorous house ants are covering your kitchen counters, it’s necessary to get ant pest control help. Connor’s Termite & Pest Control has the years of experience required in ant extermination and will not only get rid of ants in your home, but keep them from ever returning.
Ant Exterminators, Control & Removal in Virginia
Serving the Virginia area since 1944