Moisture is one of the biggest contributing factors to pests getting inside your home. Up to 50% of the air in your household can flow upwards from a crawl space, which is why it’s so important to keep this space as dry and tidy as possible
Crawl space encapsulation facts
Encapsulation is extremely effective in preventing indoor moisture issues. When encapsulating a crawl space, a heavyweight barrier typically made of polyethylene, is installed to cover the entire area, including the floors, walls, and ceiling. Once the space is properly covered, a dehumidifier is installed to help regulate and control the moisture levels in the crawl space and thus the entire home as well.
Need a pest control estimate?
We'll call you! Leave your information below.
Benefits of encapsulating your crawl space
If your home has moisture issues, it can be hard to know how to control them. Excess moisture in the house is extremely attractive to a number of pests, as well, who thrive on humid, moist environments to live and reproduce. Some further benefits of this service includes:
- Improved air quality throughout the entire home, making for a more comfortable living environment.
- Reduces risk of fungi or mold problems that contribute to structural damage.
- Improved energy efficiency in the property.
- Creates an inhospitable area for pests and, more importantly, wood-destroying insects such as termites.
- Controls ants, cockroaches, and many other types of insects.
Reliable crawl space encapsulation service
Ehrlich Pest Control, formerly Connor’s will do whatever it takes to keep pests out of your home, which is why we’re happy to offer our crawl space encapsulation services. If you think your home suffers from humid conditions, it’s time to consider your options before you have a pest problem. Call us today to learn more!
Crawl Space Encapsulation in Virginia
Serving the Virginia area since 1944