Termites are considered to be the most destructive and damaging pests. Their danger lies in the fact that they can cause extensive damage before even being noticed due to their silent nature. If left untreated, a termite infestation can cause severe structural damage that can be very costly to repair. It’s essential to enlist the help of professional termite exterminators to prevent, treat, and control termites.
Termite treatment options
Preventing termites in new construction
How to detect termites early
When to call a termite exterminator
Need a Termite Exterminators, Control & Removal estimate?
We'll call you! Leave your information below.
Common Termites in Virginia
The following termite species is found living in the Northeast:
Eastern Subterranean Termites are serious economic timber pests, costing homeowners and building owners as much as $5 billion annually.
Termite infestation signs
Some indications you may need a termite exterminator:
- Finding a temporary swarm of winged insects in your home or from the soil around your home.
- Any cracked or bubbling paint or frass (shaved wood particles created as they destroy wood).
- Wood that sounds hollow when tapped.
- Mud tubes (about the size of a pencil) on exterior walls, wooden beams, or in crawl spaces.
- Discarded wings from swarmers.
All of these signs indicate that termite removal by a licensed termite exterminator is necessary.
Need termite removal?
Getting rid of termites always requires the help of a professional termite exterminator. To avoid having termites in the first place, it’s necessary to have regular inspections. Connor’s Termite & Pest Control provides the best termite prevention, control, and treatment services.
Termite prevention tips
The best thing you can do to prevent termites is to receive annual inspections by a professional pest control company such as Connor’s. Additionally, there are a number of things to do that may lessen the risk of getting an infestation:
- Eliminate sources of standing water in or near the home as well as any moisture problems, such as a leaky faucet or broken water pipe.
- Ensure your yard has good drainage, avoid excess mulch, and clean out gutters regularly.
- Be cautious of areas in the home where wood is in contact with soil.
- Keep piles of firewood or other wood away from the foundation of your home, and eliminate any sources of decaying lumber.
Professional termite exterminators
When it comes to termite control, you simply can’t get rid of them on your own. Fully treating an infestation requires a trained eye, and it’s important to continue treating and preventing termites even after they’ve been eliminated. Connor’s Termite & Pest Control are industry leaders in termite control and termite removal. Call us today to learn why!
Termite Exterminators, Control & Removal in Virginia
Serving the Virginia area since 1944