Serving Springfield | Arlington | Alexandria | Fairfax
Raccoons are very resourceful scavengers. They are perhaps most well known for tipping over trash cans in search of food, but are also known to nest in your attic, under the eaves of your rooftop, or in the top of your chimney. And as cute as these creatures may seem, they can cause a multitude of problems for you, especially if they are able to enter your building. At Ehrlich Pest Control, formerly Connor’s, we know how frustrating it can be to deal with these pesky animals, which is why we’re proud to provide raccoon trapping and removal services.
The hazards of raccoons
In nature, raccoons tend to avoid having any contact with humans and pose little threat. However, a raccoon that is trapped in your house can quickly become aggressive, especially if it feels cornered or if it is protecting its offspring. Whether or not you come into direct contact with a raccoon, a raccoon living in your house can expose you to various diseases. In addition to the health hazards, raccoons can also cause significant damage to your property:
- If determined enough, raccoons can enter your home through the chimney or roof and cause significant structural damage in doing so.
- With their sharp claws and teeth, they have little trouble damaging your siding, insulation, wiring, and many other structures.
- If the raccoon decides to chew on your electrical wiring, you could find yourself without power or at a high risk of house fire.
Need a pest control estimate?
We'll call you! Leave your information below.
Humane and safe raccoon removal
If you realize that a raccoon may have invaded your home, we cannot emphasize enough that you should not attempt to trap or remove the animal yourself. Raccoons are aggressive creatures, and the situation should always be handled by an experienced professional. At Ehrlich Pest Control, formerly Connor’s, we’re proud to follow the following procedures when dealing with raccoons:
- Humane raccoon trapping and removal: Our technicians have the training and equipment necessary to safely, quickly and humanely trap these evasive and mischievous pests.
- Addressing health issues: Not only will our pest control specialists find and remove the raccoon, but we will also examine your building for nests, feces, and other damage caused by the raccoon. Our goal is to leave you with a property that is completely free of any indication of raccoon infestation.
- Preventing raccoons from returning: If one raccoon has found a way into your house, it will not be long before others, or other animals, get the same idea. The raccoon control experts at Ehrlich Pest Control, formerly Connor’s know how to identify the weak points around your building that could attract wildlife.
Professional raccoon trapping & removal
We’ll inspect your entire property, including the perimeter of the building and the surrounding landscape, to look for ways to make your property wildlife-free and controlled against future invasions. With our help, you can prevent raccoons from breaking into your building in the future. Call us today to learn more!Back to Wildlife Control, Removal & Exclusion
Raccoon Trapping & Removal in Virginia
Serving the Virginia area since 1944