If you’ve dealt with bed bugs before, you know how difficult they are to get rid of. For that reason alone, it’s always important to call a bed bug exterminator the moment you notice the signs or symptoms of an infestation. DIY treatments can be excellent solutions for prevention or even small infestations, but it can be difficult to determine exactly when a bed bug infestation requires professional help from a bed bug specialist. There are four major indications to keep in mind to know when to call a bed bug exterminator.
When to call an exterminator for bed bugs
There are four instances that signal it’s time to call your bed bug specialists.
- When bed bugs cause physical symptoms. Bed bug bites can cause a multitude of reactions and physical symptoms, including itchy rashes, hives, and welts. Bites often manifest in zigzag patterns on parts of the body that are exposed while you are sleeping. As soon as you notice signs or symptoms of a bed bug infestation on you or your family, it’s best to call an exterminator before the problem gets worse.
- When you see large numbers of bed bugs. Bed bugs are tiny, but they’re not invisible. If you have a large enough population, they will often gather together in their preferred hiding spot. If you notice a large quantity of bed bugs in a single area, it’s time to call a bed bug specialist.
- When the bed bugs start to move to new areas. Bed bugs prefer mattresses and furniture because they can hide easily and have access to a food source. However, if you begin to notice them along windowsills, outlets, computer keyboards, or any other spot they don’t typically frequent, the population has likely grown substantially.
- When bed bugs continue to return. No one should have to suffer through multiple infestations, and if the bed bugs keep coming back, a licensed exterminator should be called immediately. There are two major treatments for a bed bug infestation: heat exposure and chemical treatment, and the experts at Ehrlich have expertise with both.
Need a pest control estimate?
We'll call you! Leave your information below.
Our best pest control for bed bugs
To protect your property from these pests, it’s important to work with a bed bug specialist that can quickly get rid of bed bugs and make sure they don’t return. When you work with our team, we will implement the following steps:
- A thorough property inspection of your home or business
- Identification of the bed bug locations and the conditions that may be attracting them
- Development of a bed bug extermination plan to tackle your unique infestation
- Implementation of bed bug removal products and treatments
- If necessary, further visits from our bed bug exterminators to surpass your expectations to keep your property pest-free
Northern Virginia’s licensed bed bug exterminators
Due to the hidden nature of bed bugs, control and elimination requires a trained eye. It takes hard work, professional experience, and follow-up treatments to ensure the infestation is entirely gone. Ehrlich is dedicated to providing excellent bed bug management services, responding to customer needs, and using environmentally responsible solutions whenever possible. For more information on how we can remove bed bugs from your home for good, contact our bed bug specialists today.Back to Bed Bug Exterminators, Control & Removal
When to Call a Bed Bug Exterminator in Virginia
Serving the Virginia area since 1944