Serving Springfield | Arlington | Alexandria | Fairfax
Ants are the number one nuisance pest in the United States, and almost everyone has run into ant problems in their residential or commercial property. A few ants here and there are one thing, but what happens when you have a full-blown infestation? Prevention is the easiest way to make sure you won’t have to deal with ants any time soon, and Connor’s Termite & Pest Control implements IPM practices to keep ants away for good. The experts at Connor’s are here to help with some simple methods to reduce your chances of unintentionally inviting ants into your home.
Need a pest control estimate?
We'll call you! Leave your information below.
3 ways to prevent ants
No one wants to deal with an ant infestation. They are notoriously tricky to get rid of, and completely eliminating a colony can take a long time. The best way to control ants is to prevent them from becoming a problem in the first place. The following list explains some simple steps that property owners can take to reduce their chances of unintentionally inviting ants inside.
- Eliminate sources of water:
- Repair leaky pipes, and routinely check under sinks for areas of moisture.
- Consider using a dehumidifier in damp basements or crawl spaces.
- Make sure that downspouts and gutters are functioning properly.
- Eliminate sources of food:
- Keeping your kitchen or any area containing food will discourage ants from coming inside.
- Wipe down counters and sweep floors regularly to eliminate crumbs and residue from spills.
- Store any food in sealed containers and keep ripe fruit in the refrigerator.
- Use a lid on trash cans and dispose of garbage regularly.
- Eliminate ant entry points:
- Bathrooms, basements, the insides of walls, and in/around air conditioning and heating units are known to attract ants, so make sure all entry points are sealed.
- Trees and bushes should be trimmed away from the building.
- Seal any cracks and crevices, paying special attention to areas where utility pipes enter.
Hiring a professional ant exterminator
If you’ve implemented every ant prevention tip you’ve read and still have ants inside your property, it’s time to call in professional help. They are notoriously difficult to get rid of completely and almost always require the trained eye of an expert. Connor’s Termite & Pest Control knows exactly what it takes to eliminate ants from your home or commercial property, and how to keep them from ever returning. Give us a call today, and let us get rid of your ants!Back to Ant Exterminators – Control – Removal
Ant Prevention Tips in Virginia
Serving the Virginia area since 1944